Mercator–Ocean Newsletter – Latest edition
( Last Updated: 07-04-2008 )
The Mercator-Ocean Newsletter
The lastest Mercator-Ocean Quarterly Newsletter #28 (PDF, 3MB) is now available.
It is a tribute to Polar Research with the following articles:
- The integrated European project Damocles and the International Polar Year
- Preliminary assessment of sea ice in the global 1/4° Mercator-Ocean forecasting system
- LIM3, an advanced sea-ice model for climate simulation and operational oceanography
- Sensitivity of a model of the Ross Ice shelf Polynya to different atmospheric forcing sets
- Arctic and Antarctic sea ice concentration and sea ice drift satellite products at Ifremer/CERSAT
- Sea ice concentration, ice drift and/or thickness data assimilation: a review of the work done in Norway, UK, France, Belgium and Canada
The Mercator-Ocean Scientific Newsletter is being published electronically 4 times a year. Its purpose is to provide a periodical forum for the circulation of ideas and research results among the operational oceanography community. It is a scientific journal addressing specialists on the covered topic. It is dedicated to operational oceanography and its latest challenges and progress.